Support > Getting Started > How to Create a CANDDi Capture
How to Create a CANDDi Capture
What is a CANDDi Capture?
CANDDi Captures are fully customizable pop-up forms for your website, which increase your conversation rates up to 400% over regular, static forms.
You design the form, then choose when it will appear based on:
- The characteristics of a visitor (their location, company, etc.)
- The actions of a visitor (number of visits, total browsing time, etc.)
To give you an idea of just how targeted CANDDi Captures can be, you could create a form that only shows to a visitor if they’re on their third visit, have viewed your pricing page at some point in the past, and are browsing from within the Vatican City!
Creating a Capture
- In your CANDDi Dashboard, head to the ‘Identify’ tab and click ‘Capture’
- In the top right corner, click ‘Create New’
Click the type of Capture you’d like to build. For our purposes, we’ll go with a ‘Contact Us’ form since they’re a great addition to any website!
In the ‘Content’ tab, you can type the words that display on the form, and choose the information the form will request from your visitors. Remember: if you’re ever unsure about a change, just keep an eye on the preview window on the right side of the screen!
- In the ‘GDPR’ tab, you can choose to enter some text to reassure visitors that the data they submit will be secure, and even link them to your privacy page for further reading.
- In the ‘Success page’ tab, you can type the words that will show upon a visitor’s successful submission of the form.
In the ‘Appearance’ tab, you choose the font and color used in your Capture. Use this to ensure that your form matches the design of your website!
In the ‘Targeting’ tab, you choose which page(s) your Capture form will show. You can also refine which visitors the pop-up will show for, based on how they arrived at your website, and on which tags they do or do not have in CANDDi.
- And finally, in the ‘Behaviour’ tab, you decide how soon and how often your Capture will display. If you have multiple CANDDi Captures active across your website, you can also assign priorities to determine which of the competing forms will show.
What happens next?
From this point forward, any individual who fills out your Capture form will become identified in CANDDi.
One more thing: it’s important you enable notifications so you receive an email the second someone fills out your Capture:
- From the ‘Capture’ section, locate your Capture in the list
On the right hand side, select ‘View Contacts’
Click the bell icon to enable alerts for the Capture
You’re all set!
If you have any questions about CANDDi Capture, please get in touch with our success team at firstname.lastname@example.org