The landing page is a businesses online store window; the centre of all inbound lead generation efforts and the link back to every campaign that you are running.
The landing page is a businesses online store window; the centre of all inbound lead generation efforts and the link back to every campaign that you are running. Companies invest a lot of time and money in driving business to their landing pages through PPC campaigns, social ads, email offers yet can neglect to keep their landing pages relevant and fresh. This could be the reason for high bounce rates and low page spends. How many times have you clicked through an ad, specific to your needs and found yourself on a page that has no relevance to the link or ad? And what do you do? Leave. By spending time designing appropriate landing pages, tracking results and consistently conducting tests along the way, companies will be able to create a more positive user experience AND convert targeted traffic into qualified leads.
Here are 5 easy tips that you can use to start converting more of your leads:
1) Consistent Messaging Make sure there is consistent messaging throughout the click-through process. The same call-to-action should be consistent from your ad campaign to landing page. The visitor wants to know what they will receive when they take the action you are pushing them towards. For example, if you are after capturing their data by using a downloadable PDF document as bait, then make it clear- if they fill out their details, they will receive this PDF. This builds trust between you and your customer and from the beginning of the process, they understand what you are asking them to do. No hidden nasty surprises.
2) Attention Grabbing Headlines Writing click-worthy titles is important in capturing early interest and engaging visitors, encouraging them to continue reading and learn more. Just like newspapers and magazines, the headline needs to be relevant and a teaser for what the content is going to include. Descriptive enough that the viewer will understand that it is relevant to them but still a little intriguing that it creates interest.
3) Build Trust Talking of trust, often the traffic you have generated from your ad campaigns are unfamiliar with your organisation but have been captured by your content. Be sure to include any recognisable awards/ certifications/ associated partners clearly on your landing page to help reassure visitors of your credibility.
4) Customer Testimonials Customer testimonials are a great way of building this trust and establishing your integrity. Another way of getting across your companies achievements and successes is highlighting current customer’s testimonials about your product. For more info on why this is important, check out Customer Testimonials- Important For Your Business?
5) Mobile Friendly With mobile devices now holding one third of all Internet traffic flow, businesses can no longer ignore the importance of designing mobile friendly landing pages.