We, Campaign and Digital Intelligence Limited (CANDDi) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, together with any other documents referred to within, sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is CANDDi of 384 Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, United Kingdom, TS5 6HA.
1. Individuals whose data we collect and process
- 1.1 We collect and process from a range of individuals:
- 1.1.1 visitors to our website at www.canddi.com (Site) who may or may not be registered with us (Public Users);
- 1.1.2 individuals who are authorised by our customers to use our software and services on their behalf (Authorised Users);
- 1.1.3 individuals who are end users of our customer's services (End Users). Our customers use our software and services to create personal profiles of those individual's who visit their websites or their physical premises.
You will fall into one or more of these categories of individuals (Individuals).
2. Information we process about Individuals
We may collect and process the following data about our Individuals:
- 2.1 information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to CANDDi's services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report any problems with our site;
- 2.2 if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- 2.3 we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- 2.4 details of any transactions you carry out through our site and, if you are an Authorised User, details of the fulfilment of our customer's subscription;
- 2.5 details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; and
- 2.6 any information incidental to that listed above.
3. Information we process about End Users
- 3.1 In addition to the above, we process information on behalf of our customers about our End Users including:
- 3.1.1 information submitted to our customers directly;
- 3.1.2 information collected by technology such as Google Analytics and other technology such as cookies placed on our customers' websites (please see "IP addresses and cookies" below for more information); and
- 3.1.3 information acquired from information suppliers or generally available on the internet. We call this category of data "Third Party Data".
- 3.2 Our customer is the data controller in respect of the information we collect and process on its behalf for the purpose of supplying a personal profiling service to that customer in respect of End Users. We process this information as a data processor strictly in accordance with our customer's instructions and keep it for as long as we are providing profiling the services to our customers. Information that we purchase about End Users as part of our service to a customer may be stored by us and shared with other CANDDi customers for the purpose of providing our services to them when they request a personal profile in respect of the same End User as a previous customer.
- 3.3 We will store Third Party Data in two respects. Firstly we store the Third Party Data on our customer's behalf for as long as we are providing the profiling services to our customer. Secondly we store Third Party Data for the purposes of sharing it with other CANDDI customers who request a personal profile in respect of the same End User.
- 3.4 To understand how our customers will store and process an End User's data then please review the privacy policies on our customers' sites. We do not have any control over how our customers use the data we are requested to collect and process for them. Whilst you can see which customers have asked us to collect and process your data on their behalf, our customers are only able to vie data about you which we have collected and processed for them.
4. IP addresses, cookies and similar technologies
- 4.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. This information will be deleted after 3 months.
- 4.2 We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using technology such as "cookies", which store information on the hard drive of your computer. This type of technology helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service for Public Users and our customers. They enable us:
- 4.2.1 understand visitor numbers;
- 4.2.2 to store information about a Public User's preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to a Public User's interests and offer them goods or services in which we believe they will be interested;
- 4.2.3 to speed up your searches; and
- 4.2.4 to recognise you when you return to our site.
- 4.3 To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- 4.4 You may refuse to accept some technologies such as cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of technologies such as cookies. If you refuse all cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. If you do not activate these settings on your browser then you will be taken to have consented to the use of these technologies.
- 4.5 We use Google Analytics and other monitoring software on our site. These types of technologies also allow the proprietor of the technology e.g.Google to also access your information, we have no ? over how your information is processed by third parties such as Google. Please read the privacy packages of list to understand how your information may be used by these third parties.
5. Where we store Individual's personal data
6. Security and Control of Data
- 6.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and is accessible only by you or, if you are an End User, the Authorised User(s) of our software and services appointed by our customer.
- 6.2 Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information whether collected by us or on our own, or on our customer's, behalf, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
7. How we use your information
- 7.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 7.1.1 to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 7.1.2 to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 7.1.3 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 7.1.4 to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- 7.1.5 to notify you about changes to our service;
- 7.1.6 to generate personal profile reports about you which we use to help to tailor our site, and our interactions with you to suit your preferences.
- 7.2 If you are an existing Customer or an Authorised User of an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or our customer.
- 7.3 If you are a new customer or a Authorised User of a new customer, a will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- 7.4 If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
- 7.5 We do not disclose personal information about Individual's to advertisers.
8. Sharing your information
- 8.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 8.1.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- 8.1.2 if CANDDi or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- 8.1.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CANDDi, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- 8.1.4 If we are processing it on behalf of a customer as described in paragraph 2 above.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
9. Links to other sites
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Accessing your Information
- 10.1 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a "subject access request" under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- 10.1.1 give you a description of it;
- 10.1.2 tell you why we are holding it;
- 10.1.3 tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- 10.1.4 let you have a copy.
- 10.2 Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address below and may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.
11. How can you Update or Change your Information?
- 11.1 If at any time you wish to change your information, you can contact us via this form, providing the updated information.
- 11.2 If you wish to opt-out of email notifications and communications you can unsubscribe here.
- 11.3 If you would like to be removed from our database completely, please click here.
Updated 17 September 2012
Your data is used only for the intended use.
Your data is never bartered or sold.
Your data is never given to advertisers.
Data given to law enforcement only when legal process followed.
Your data is kept for less than one month.
Your data is kept indefinitely.
CANDDi's data retention policy depends on the specific type of data CANDDi is holding